LED DRIVER, 30V, LINEAR, ADJUSTABLE, CURRENT SINK
The AL5802LP combines a high-gain NPN transistor with a pre-
biased NPN transistor to make a simple, small footprint LED driver.
The LED current is set by an external resistor connected from REXT
pin (2) to GND pin (3), and the internal high-gain transistor develops
approximately 0.6V across the external resistor.
The AL5802LP’s open-collector output can operate from 0.8V to 30V
making it suitable for industry standard 5V to 24V power supplies
without additional components.
PWM dimming of the LED current can be achieved by either driving
the BIAS pin (6) with a low impedance voltage source, or driving the
EN pin (4) with an external open-collector NPN transistor or
open-drain N-Channel MOSFET.
The AL5802LP is available in a U-DFN1616-6 (Type F) package and
is ideal for driving 10mA to 120mA LED currents.
Reference Voltage VREXT = 0.65V
-40 to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
0.8V to 30V Open-Collector Output
Negative Temperature Coefficient – Automatically Reduces the
LED Current at High Temperatures
Low Thermal Impedance, Small Footprint DFN1616-6 Package
with Exposed Pads
Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
Package: U-DFN1616-6 (Type F)
• The collector of Q2 is connected to pin 1 and pad 7 which is
on the underside of the package
• Pad 8 is electrically tied to the collector of Q1 and to the
base of Q2, i.e. it is common with terminal 4
Case: U-DFN1616-6 (Type F)
Case Material: Molded Plastic, “Green” Molding Compound;
UL Flammability Classification Rating 94-V-0.
Moisture Sensitivity: Level 1 per J-STD-020
Terminals: Finish – NiPdAu over Copper Leadframe;
Solderable per MIL-STD-202, Method 208 e4
Weight: 0.005 grams (Approximate)
Linear LED Driver
Offline LED Luminaries
Ordering Information (Note 4)
U-DFN1616-6 (Type F)
Tape and Reel
Part Number Suffix
3,000/Tape & Reel
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
4. For packaging details, go to our website at http://www.diodes.com/products/packages.html.
Document number: DS37549 Rev. 4 - 2
1 of 10
© Diodes Incorporated