LED DRIVER, 30V, LINEAR, ADJUSTABLE, CURRENT SINK
The AL5802LP combines a high gain NPN transistor with a pre-
biased NPN transistor to make a simple, small footprint LED driver.
The LED current is set by an external resistor connected from
REXT pin (2) to GND pin (3), and the internal high gain transistor
develops approximately 0.6V across the external resistor.
The AL5802LP open-collector output can operate from 0.8V to 30V
enabling it to operate from 5V to 24V power supplies without
PWM dimming of the LED current can be achieved by either driving
the BIAS pin (6) with a low impedance voltage source, or driving the
EN pin (4) with an external open-collector NPN transistor or
open-drain N-Channel MOSFET.
The AL5802LP is available in a U-DFN1616 Type F package and is
ideal for driving 10mA to 120mA LED currents.
• The collector of Q2 is connected to pin 1 and pad 7
which is on the underside of the package
• Pad 8 is electrically tied to the collector of Q1 and to
the base of Q2, i.e. it is common with terminal 4
Reference Voltage VRSET = 0.65V
-40 to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
0.8V to 30V Open-Collector Output
Negative Temperature Coefficient – Automatically reduces the
LED current at high temperatures
Low Thermal Impedance, Small Footprint DFN1616 Package
with Exposed Pads
Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
Case Material: Molded Plastic, “Green” Molding Compound;
UL Flammability Classification Rating 94-V-0.
Moisture Sensitivity: Level 1 per J-STD-020
Terminals: Finish – NiPdAu over Copper Leadframe; Solderable
per MIL-STD-202, Method 208 e4
Weight: 0.005 grams (Approximate)
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Typical Application Circuit
SBR is a registered trademark of Diodes Incorporated
Document number: DS37549 Rev. 3 - 2
1 of 10
© Diodes Incorporated