I2C-Bus-Compatible Audio/Video Switch
For the availability of this product, please contact the sales office.
The CXA2149Q is a video and audio switch IC
64 pin QFP (Plastic)
featuring I2C bus compatibility for TV’s. The IC has
input pins that are compatible with the SCART
protocols. It offers other features such as an
electronic mute function with switching noise
reduction (zero cross detection), electronic volume
control, automatic SYNC pulse detection, and group
• 3 CVBS inputs.
• 2 CVBS outputs.
• Group delay control on TV and CVIN1.
• SYNC ID on TV and CVIN1.
• 3 Y/C inputs.
• 2 Y/C outputs.
• 6 L/R/2 inputs.
• 3 L/R/2 outputs.
• Mode inputs compatible with the SCART protocol.
• 3 Y/C mixer circuits.
• Audio muting via software control.
• External muting input.
• Audio switching noise elimination circuit.
• Volume adjustment via software control on L/R
• Wide band video amplifiers (20 MHz, –3 dB).
• Wide audio dynamic range (3 Vrms typ)
• Serial control via I2C bus.
• Separate control of video and audio switches.
• High impedance maintained by I2C lines (SDA,
SCL) even when power is off.
• Configurable dual slave address 90/92.
• I2C bus 5 and 3.3 V compatible.
Absolute Maximum Ratings
(Ta=25 °C unless stated)
• Supply voltage
VCC 12 V
• Storage temperature Tstg –65 to +150 °C
• Allowable power dissipation
PD 900 mW
• Supply voltage
• Typical supply current
• Operating temperature
–20 to +75
Bipolar silicon monolithic IC
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.