Quad Bus Buffer
with 3−State Control Inputs
The MC74VHCT125A is a high speed CMOS quad bus buffer
fabricated with silicon gate CMOS technology. It achieves high speed
operation similar to equivalent Bipolar Schottky TTL while
maintaining CMOS low power dissipation.
The MC74VHCT125A requires the 3−state control input (OE) to be
set High to place the output into the high impedance state.
The VHCT inputs are compatible with TTL levels. This device can
be used as a level converter for interfacing 3.3 V to 5.0 V, because it
has full 5.0 V CMOS level output swings.
The VHCT125A input structures provide protection when voltages
between 0 V and 5.5 V are applied, regardless of the supply voltage.
The output structures also provide protection when VCC = 0 V. These
input and output structures help prevent device destruction caused by
supply voltage − input/output voltage mismatch, battery backup, hot
The internal circuit is composed of three stages, including a buffer
output which provides high noise immunity and stable output. The
inputs tolerate voltages up to 7.0 V, allowing the interface of 5.0 V
systems to 3.0 V systems.
• High Speed: tPD = 3.8 ns (Typ) at VCC = 5.0 V
• Low Power Dissipation: ICC = 4.0 mA (Max) at TA = 25°C
• TTL−Compatible Inputs: VIL = 0.8 V; VIH = 2.0 V
• Power Down Protection Provided on Inputs
• Balanced Propagation Delays
• Designed for 2.0 V to 5.5 V Operating Range
• Low Noise: VOLP = 0.8 V (Max)
• Pin and Function Compatible with Other Standard Logic Families
• Latchup Performance Exceeds 300 mA
• ESD Performance:
Human Body Model > 2000 V;
Machine Model > 200 V
• Chip Complexity: 72 FETs or 18 Equivalent Gates
• NLV Prefix for Automotive and Other Applications Requiring
Unique Site and Control Change Requirements; AEC−Q100
Qualified and PPAP Capable
• These Devices are Pb−Free and are RoHS Compliant
1 CASE 948G
G or G
= Assembly Location
= Wafer Lot
= Work Week
= Pb−Free Package
(Note: Microdot may be in either location)
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 2 of this data sheet.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2015
June, 2015 − Rev. 11
Publication Order Number: