1-Kb, 2-Kb, 4-Kb, 8-Kb and
16-Kb I2C CMOS Serial
The CAT24C01/02/04/08/16 are 1−Kb, 2−Kb, 4−Kb, 8−Kb and
16−Kb respectively CMOS Serial EEPROM devices organized
internally as 8/16/32/64 and 128 pages respectively of 16 bytes each.
All devices support both the Standard (100 kHz) as well as Fast
(400 kHz) I2C protocol.
Data is written by providing a starting address, then loading 1 to 16
contiguous bytes into a Page Write Buffer, and then writing all data to
non−volatile memory in one internal write cycle. Data is read by
providing a starting address and then shifting out data serially while
automatically incrementing the internal address count.
External address pins make it possible to address up to eight
CAT24C01 or CAT24C02, four CAT24C04, two CAT24C08 and one
CAT24C16 device on the same bus.
• Supports Standard and Fast I2C Protocol
• 1.7 V to 5.5 V Supply Voltage Range
• 16−Byte Page Write Buffer
• Hardware Write Protection for Entire Memory
• Schmitt Triggers and Noise Suppression Filters on I2C Bus Inputs
(SCL and SDA)
• Low power CMOS Technology
• More than 1,000,000 Program/Erase Cycles
• 100 Year Data Retention
• Industrial and Extended Temperature Range
• These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS
This document contains information on some products that are still under development.
ON Semiconductor reserves the right to change or discontinue these products without
* The TDFN (VP2) package is not recommended for
** Preliminary, please contact factory for availability.
*** WLCSP are available for the CAT24C04,
CAT24C08 and CAT24C16 only.
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 21 of this data sheet.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2016
November, 2016 − Rev. 31
Publication Order Number: