1.5A Switch-Mode Power
Supply with Linear Regulator
The 34701 provides the means to efficiently supply the Freescale
Power QUICC™ I, II, and other families of Freescale
microprocessors and DSPs. The 34701 incorporates a high
performance switching regulator, providing the direct supply for the
microprocessor’s core, and a low dropout (LDO) linear regulator
control circuit provides the microprocessor I/O and bus voltage.
The switching regulator is a high-efficiency synchronous buck
regulator with integrated N-channel power MOSFETs to provide
protection features and to allow space-efficient, compact design.
The 34701 incorporates many advanced features; e.g., precisely
maintained up/down power sequencing, ensuring the proper
operation and protection of the CPU and power system.
• Operating voltage from 2.8V to 6.0V
• High-accuracy output voltages
• Fast transient response
• Switcher output current up to 1.5A
• Under-voltage lockout and overcurrent protection
• Enable inputs and programmable watchdog timer
• Voltage margining via I2C™ bus
• Reset with programmable power-ON delay
• Pb-free packaging designated by suffix code EW
I2C is a trademark of Philips Corporation.
Document Number: MC34701
Rev 7.0, 8/2007
EW (Pb-FREE) SUFFIX
-40 to 85°C
2.8 V to 6.0 V Input
0.8 V to VIN -
0.8 V to VIN -
Figure 1. 34701 Simplified Application Diagram
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. reserves the right to change the detail specifications,
as may be required, to permit improvements in the design of its products.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.