Document Number: MC33901
Rev. 3.0, 6/2015
High-speed CAN Transceiver
The MC33901/34901 are SMARTMOS high-speed (up to 1.0 Mbits/s) CAN
transceivers providing the physical interface between the CAN protocol
controller of an MCU and the physical dual wires CAN bus. They are packaged
in an 8-pin SOIC with market standard pinout, and offer excellent EMC and ESD
performance without the need for external filter components.
Four devices variations are available:
- Versions with and without CAN bus wake-up.
- Versions with and without TXD dominant protection.
• Very low-current consumption in standby mode
• Compatible with 3.3 V or 5.0 V MCU interface
• Standby mode with remote CAN wake-up on some versions.
• Pin and function compatible with market standard
Cost efficient robustness:
• High system level ESD performance
• Very high electromagnetic Immunity and low electromagnetic emission
without common mode choke or other external components.
• TXD Dominant timeout, on the 33901 version.
• Ideal passive when unpowered, CAN bus leakage current <10 A.
• VDD and VIO monitoring
HIGH-SPEED CAN TRANSCEIVER
EF SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
Industrial Applications (MC34901)
• Factory automation
• Industrial process control
Automotive Applications (MC33901)
• Supports automotive CAN high-speed applications
• Body electronics
• Power train
• Chassis and safety
• Diagnostic equipment
120 CAN BUS
Figure 1. Simplified Application Diagram for MC3x901xEF
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2013-2015. All rights reserved.