HIGH SENSITIVITY MICROPOWER
OMNIPLOAR HALL-EFFECT SWITCH
The AH1902 is a high sensitivity micropower Omnipolar Hall effect
switch IC with internal pull up and pull down capability. Designed for
portable and battery powered consumer equipment such as cellular
phones and portable PCs to office equipment, home appliances and
industrial applications, the average supply current is only 4.3μA at
1.8V. To support potable equipment the AH1902 can operate over the
supply range of 1.6V to 3.6V and uses a hibernating clocking system
to minimize the power consumption. To minimize PCB space the
AH1902 is available in small low profile X1-DFN1216-4,
X2-DFN2015-6 and SOT553 packages.
The output is activated with either a north or south pole of sufficient
magnetic field strength. When the magnetic flux density (B)
perpendicular to the package is larger than operate point (Bop), the
output will be turned on (pulled low) and held until B is lower than
release point (Brp).
• Omnipolar Operation (North or South Pole)
• Supply Voltage of 1.6V to 3.6V
• High Sensitivity
• Micropower Operation
• Chopper Stabilized Design Provides:
Superior Temperature Stability
Minimal Switch Point Drift
Enhanced Immunity to Physical Stress
• No External Pull-up Resistors Required
• Good RF Noise Immunity
• -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature
• High ESD capability of 8kV (Human Body Model)
• Small Low Profile X1-DFN1216-4, X2-DFN2015-6 and SOT553
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• Open and Close Detect for flip/slide Cellular Phones
• Smart Cover or Dock Detect for Cellular Phones and Tablet PCs
• Cover or Display Switch in Portable PCs (eg Ultrabook)
• Digital Still, Video Cameras and Handheld Gaming Consoles
• Door, Lids and Tray Position Switches
• Level, Proximity and Position Switches
• Contact-Less Switches in Home Appliances and Industrial
1. EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant. All applicable RoHS exemptions applied.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Typical Applications Circuit
4. CIN is for power stabilization and to strengthen the noise immunity, the recommended capacitance is 100nF typical and should be placed as close to
the supply pin as possible.
Document number: DS36533 Rev. 3 - 2
1 of 11
© Diodes Incorporated