16-bit bus transceiver with 30 Ω series termination resistors;
Rev. 4 — 20 February 2019
Product data sheet
1. General description
The 74ABT162245A is a high-performance BiCMOS product, which combines low static and
dynamic power dissipation with high speed.
This device is a 16-bit transceiver featuring non-inverting 3-state bus compatible outputs in both
send and receive directions. The control function implementation minimizes external timing
requirements. The device features two output enable inputs (nOE) for easy cascading and two
direction inputs (nDIR) for direction control.
The 74ABT162245A is designed with 30 Ω series resistance in both the upper and lower output
structures. This design reduces line noise in applications such as memory address drivers, clock
drivers and bus receivers and transmitters.
Two options are available, 74ABT162245A which does not have the bus hold feature and the
74ABTH162245A which incorporates the bus hold feature.
2. Features and benefits
• 16-bit bidirectional bus interface
• Multiple VCC and GND pins minimize switching noise
• 3-state buffers
• Output capability: +12 mA/–32 mA
• 74ABTH162245A incorporates bus-hold data inputs which eliminate the need for external
pull-up resistors to hold unused inputs
• Integrated 30 Ω termination resistors
• Power-up 3-state
• Latch-up performance: JESD 78 Class II exceeds 500 mA
• ESD protection:
• HBM JESD-A114E exceeds 2000 V
• CDM JESD22-C101C exceeds 1000 V
• Specified from -40 °C to +85 °C