RFM products are now
• Quartz SAW Stabilized and Filtered “Diff Sine” Technology
• Fundamental-Mode Oscillation at 663.552 MHz
• Voltage Tunable for Phase Lock Loop Operations
• Optical Timing Reference for Forward Error Correction Applications
• Complies with Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS)
The output of this device is generated and filtered by narrowband quartz SAW elements at 663.552 MHz. The
configuration of this clock is intended to provide a pure signal for optical timing applications in noisy signal
environments. The Q/Qbar differential output swing of ±1 volt about 0 Vdc has symmetry better than ±1% into
loads from 40 to 70 ohms; determined by customer application. The long term frequency accuracy is set by
an external reference source allowing this device to complete a Phase Lock Loop design without the usual
noise and jitter problems associated with PLL’s.
Absolute Maximum Ratings
DC Suppy Voltage
Operating Frequency Absolute Frequency
Tuning Frequency Range
Tuning Voltage Range
Q and Q Output
Voltage into 50 (VSWR<1.2)
Operating Load VSWR
@100 Hz offset
@1 kHz offset
@10 kHz offset
Q and Q Jitter
No Noise on VCC
200 mVP-P from 1 MHz to ½ fO on
Input Impedance (Tuning Port)
Output DC Resistance (between Q & Q)
DC Power Supply
Operating Case Temperature
Lid Symbolization (YY=Year, WW=Week)
0 to 5.5
0 to 6
-55 to 100
3, 4, 5
3, 4, 6
3, 4, 6, 7
3, 4, 6, 7
3, 4, 6, 7
3.13 3.3, 5.0
RFM OP4010B YYWW
CAUTION: Electrostatic Sensitive Device. Observe precautions for handling.
COCOM CAUTION: Approval by the U.S. Department of Commerce is required prior to export of this device.
1. Unless otherwise noted, all specifications include any combination of load VSWR, Vcc, and temperature, with Q and Q terminated into 50 ohm loads to ground (see typi-
cal test circuit).
2. Useful tuning range is in excess of what is required over temp, aging, pushing, pulling & accuracy.
3. The design, manufacturing process, and specifications of this device are subject to change without notice.
4. Only under the nominal conditions of 50 load impedance with VSWR 1.2 and nominal power supply voltage.
5. Symmetry is defined as the pulse width (in percent of total period) measured at the 50% points of Q or Q (see timing definitions).
6. Jitter and other spurious outputs induced by externally generated electrical noise on VCC or mechanical vibration are not included in this specification, except where
noted. External voltage regulation and careful PCB layout are recommended for optimum performance.
7. Applies to period jitter of Q and Q. Measurements are made with the Tektronix CSA803 signal analyzer with at least 1000 samples.
8. Linearity is a function of the percentage variation from a permitted linear deviation versus the amount of frequency tune range (see linearity definition).
9. One or more of the following United States patents apply: 4,616,197; 4,670,681; 4,760,352.
©2010-2015 by Murata Electronics N.A., Inc.
OP4010B (R) 4/2/15
Page 1 of 2