SLVSDE4A – MARCH 2017 – REVISED DECEMBER 2017
TPS61253A 3.8-MHz, 5-V / 4-A Boost Converter in 1.2-mm x 1.3-mm WCSP
•1 Wide Input Voltage Range from 2.3 V to 5.5 V
• Fixed Output Voltage: 4.5 / 4.7 / 5.0 / 5.2 V
• Two FETs Integrated: 35-mΩ LS-FET,
• IOUT ≥ 1500mA continuously at VOUT = 5 V and
VIN ≥ 3 V
• 42-µA Quiescent Current from Input
• 4-A Switching Valley Current Limit
• 3.8-MHz Switching Frequency
• Selectable Auto PFM, Forced PWM and
• Support Pass-Through Mode
• ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
• 600-µs Soft-Start Time
• Hiccup-Mode Short Protection
• Load Disconnection during Shutdown
• Thermal Shutdown
• Total Solution Size < 25 mm2
• Create a Custom Design Using the TPS61253A
With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
• Smart Phones
• Portable Speaker
• USB Charging Ports
• NFC PA Supply
• Li Battery to 5-V Power Conversion
The TPS6125xA device provides a power supply
solution for battery-powered portable applications.
With the input voltage ranging from 2.3 V to 5.5 V,
the device supports the applications powered by the
Li-Ion batteries with the extended voltage range.
Different fixed output voltage versions are available of
4.5 V, 4.7 V, 5 V and 5.2 V. The TPS6125xA
supports up to 1500-mA load current from a battery
discharged as low as 3 V.
The TPS6125xA operates at typical 3.8-MHz
switching frequency. The TPS6125xA could be
flexibly configured at the Auto PFM mode, forced
PWM mode or ultrasonic mode. The Auto PFM mode
could benefit with the high efficiency at the light load.
The forced PWM operation can make the switching
frequency be constant crossing the whole load range.
The ultrasonic mode keeps the switching frequency
always larger than 25 kHz at any load condition to
avoid the acoustic noise.
TPS6125xA has a built-in 600-µs soft start to avoid
the inrush current at startup. When the output is
shorted, the device enters into the hiccup mode and
recovers automatically after the short releases.
During the shutdown, the load is completely
disconnected from the input end with maximum 1.3-
uA current being consumed.
The TPS6125xA comes in a 9-ball 1.2-mm x 1.3-mm
WCSP package and offers a very small solution size
with the minimum amount of external components.
BODY SIZE (NOM)
1.2 mm x 1.3 mm
(1) For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at
the end of the data sheet.
Forced PWM (High)
Auto PFM (Low)
An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications,
intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers. PRODUCTION DATA.