SCPS139E – JANUARY 2006 – REVISED JUNE 2014
PCA6107 Remote 8-Bit I2C and SMBus Low-power I/O Expander With Interrupt Output,
Reset, and Configuration Registers
•1 Low Standby Current Consumption of 1 μA Max
• I2C to Parallel Port Expander
• Open-Drain Active-Low Interrupt Output
• Active-Low Reset Input
• Operating Power-Supply Voltage Range of 2.3 V
to 5.5 V
• 5-V Tolerant I/O Ports
• 400-kHz Fast I2C Bus
• Three Hardware Address Pins Allow for Use of up
to Eight Devices on the I2C/SMBus
• Input/Output Configuration Register
• Polarity Inversion Register
• Internal Power-On Reset
• High-Impedance Open Drain on P0
• Power Up With All Channels Configured as Inputs
• No Glitch on Power Up
• Noise Filter on SCL/SDA Inputs
• Latched Outputs With High-Current Drive
Maximum Capability for Directly Driving LEDs
• Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per
JESD 78, Class II
• ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
– 2000-V Human-Body Model (A114-A)
– 200-V Machine Model (A115-A)
– 1000-V Charged-Device Model (C101)
This 8-bit I/O expander for the two-line bidirectional
bus (I2C) is designed for 2.3-V to 5.5-V VCC
operation. It provides general-purpose remote I/O
expansion for most microcontroller families via the I2C
interface [serial clock (SCL) and serial data (SDA)].
The PCA6107 consists of one 8-bit Configuration
(input or output selection), Input Port, Output Port,
and Polarity Inversion (active high) registers. At
power on, the I/Os are configured as inputs.
However, the system master can enable the I/Os as
either inputs or outputs by writing to the I/O
configuration bits. The data for each input or output is
kept in the corresponding input or output register. The
polarity of the Input Port register can be inverted with
the Polarity Inversion register. All registers can be
read by the system master.
The system master can reset the PCA6107 in the
event of a timeout or other improper operation by
asserting a low in the active-low reset (RESET) input.
The power-on reset puts the registers in their default
states and initializes the I2C/SMBus state machine.
Asserting RESET causes the same reset/initialization
to occur without depowering the part.
BODY SIZE (NOM)
11.50 mm × 7.50 mm
(1) For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at
the end of the datasheet.
An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications,
intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers. PRODUCTION DATA.