SWRS194G – JANUARY 2018 – REVISED APRIL 2020
• Mobile phones – battery pack for mobile phone
• Building automation
– Building security systems – motion detector,
electronic smart lock, door and window sensor,
garage door system, gateway
– HVAC – thermostat, wireless environmental
sensor, HVAC system controller, gateway
– Fire safety system – smoke and heat detector,
fire alarm control panel (FACP)
– Video surveillance – IP network camera
• Factory automation and control
• Electronic point of sale (EPOS) – RFID reader
• Grid infrastructure
– Smart meters – water meter, gas meter,
electricity meter, and heat cost allocators
– Grid communications – wireless
communications – Long-range sensor
– Other alternative energy – energy harvesting
• Communication equipment
– Wired networking – wireless LAN or Wi-Fi
access points, edge router
• Personal electronics
– Portable electronics – RF smart remote control
– Home theater & entertainment – smart
speakers, smart display, set-top box
– Connected peripherals – consumer wireless
module, pointing devices, keyboards and
– Gaming – electronic and robotic toys
– Wearables (non-medical) – smart trackers,
The SimpleLink™ CC2642R device is a 2.4 GHz wireless microcontroller (MCU) supporting Bluetooth® 5.1
Low Energy and Proprietary 2.4 GHz applications. The device is optimized for low-power wireless
communication and advanced sensing in building security systems, HVAC, asset tracking, medical, wired
networking, portable electronics, home theater & entertainment, and connected peripherals markets
markets, and applications where industrial performance is required. The highlighted features of this device
• Support for Bluetooth® 5.1 features: LE Coded PHYs (Long Range), LE 2-Mbit PHY (High Speed),
Advertising Extensions, Multiple Advertisement Sets, CSA#2, as well as backwards compatibility and
support for key features from the Bluetooth® 4.2 and earlier Low Energy specifications.
• Fully-qualified Bluetooth® 5.1 software protocol stack included with the SimpleLink™ CC13x2 and
CC26x2 Software Development Kit (SDK).
• Longer battery life wireless applications with low standby current of 0.94 µA with full RAM retention.
• Industrial temperature ready with lowest standby current of 11 µA at 105 ⁰C.
• Advanced sensing with a programmable, autonomous ultra-low power Sensor Controller CPU with fast
wake-up capability. As an example, the sensor controller is capable of 1-Hz ADC sampling at 1 µA
• Low SER (Soft Error Rate) FIT (Failure-in-time) for long operation lifetime with no disruption for
industrial markets with always-on SRAM parity against corruption due to potential radiation events.
• Dedicated software controlled radio controller (Arm® Cortex®-M0) providing flexible low-power RF
transceiver capability to support multiple physical layers and RF standards, such as real-time
localization (RTLS) technologies.
• Excellent radio sensitivity and robustness (selectivity and blocking) performance for Bluetooth® Low
Energy (-105 dBm for 125-kbps LE Coded PHY).
2 Device Overview
Submit Documentation Feedback
Product Folder Links: CC2642R
Copyright © 2018–2020, Texas Instruments Incorporated