SWRS084F – OCTOBER 2010 – REVISED JUNE 2013
2.4-GHz Bluetooth® low energy System-on-Chip
Check for Samples: CC2540F128, CC2540F256
•23456 True Single-Chip BLE Solution: CC2540 Can
Run Both Application and BLE Protocol Stack,
Includes Peripherals to Interface With Wide
Range of Sensors, Etc.
• 6-mm × 6-mm Package
– Bluetooth low energy technology
– Excellent Link Budget (up to 97 dB),
Enabling Long-Range Applications Without
External Front End
– Accurate Digital Received Signal-Strength
– Suitable for Systems Targeting Compliance
With Worldwide Radio Frequency
Regulations: ETSI EN 300 328 and EN 300
440 Class 2 (Europe), FCC CFR47 Part 15
(US), and ARIB STD-T66 (Japan)
– Few External Components
– Reference Design Provided
– 6-mm × 6-mm QFN40 Package
• Low Power
– Active Mode RX Down to 19.6 mA
– Active Mode TX (–6 dBm): 24 mA
– Power Mode 1 (3-μs Wake-Up): 235 μA
– Power Mode 2 (Sleep Timer On): 0.9 μA
– Power Mode 3 (External Interrupts): 0.4 μA
– Wide Supply Voltage Range (2 V–3.6 V)
– Full RAM and Register Retention in All
• TPS62730 Compatible
Low Power in Active Mode
– RX Down to 15.8 mA (3 V Supply)
– TX (-6 dBm): 18.6 mA (3 V Supply)
– High-Performance and Low-Power 8051
– In-System-Programmable Flash, 128 KB or
– 8-KB SRAM
– 12-Bit ADC with Eight Channels and
– Integrated High-Performance Op-Amp and
– General-Purpose Timers (One 16-Bit, Two
– 21 General-Purpose I/O Pins (19× 4 mA, 2×
– 32-kHz Sleep Timer With Capture
– Two Powerful USARTs With Support for
Several Serial Protocols
– Full-Speed USB Interface
– IR Generation Circuitry
– Powerful Five-Channel DMA
– AES Security Coprocessor
– Battery Monitor and Temperature Sensor
– Each CC2540 Contains a Unique 48-bit
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of
Texas Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
SmartRF is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
Supported by IAR Embedded Workbench is a trademark of IAR Systems AB.
ZigBee is a registered trademark of ZigBee Alliance.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2010–2013, Texas Instruments Incorporated