TOSHIBA CMOS Linear Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
500 mA CMOS Ultra Low Drop-Out Regulator
The TCR5AM series are CMOS single-output voltage regulators
with an on/off control input, featuring Ultra low dropout voltage, low
inrush current and fast load transient response.
A differentiating feature is the use of a secondary bias rail as a
reference voltage that allows ultra-low drop-out of 90 mV (Typ.) at
IOUT = 300 mA ( 1.1 V output, VBAT = 3.3 V ).
These voltage regulators are available in fixed output voltages
between 0.55 V and 3.6 V, and capable of driving up to 500 mA.
Other features include over-current protection, over-temperature
protection, Under-voltage-lockout and Auto-discharge function.
The TCR5AM series are offered in the ultra small plastic mold
package DFN5B (1.2 mm x 1.2 mm; t 0.38 mm).
As small ceramic input and output capacitors can be used with the
TCR5AM series, these devices are ideal for portable applications
that require high-density board assembly such as cellular phones.
BOTTOM VIEW ILLUSTRATION
Weight : 1.4 mg ( Typ.)
• Low Drop-Out voltage
VIN-VOUT = 90 mV (Typ.) at 1.1 V output, VBAT = 3.3 V , IOUT = 300 mA
• Low stand-by current ( IB(OFF) = 2 μA (Max) at VBAT = 5.5 V, VCT = 0 V )
• Low quiescent bias current ( IB = 40μA (Typ.) at VBAT = 5.5 V, IOUT = 0 mA )
• Wide range Output Voltage line up ( VOUT = 0.55 to 3.6 V )
• Over-current protection
• Over-temperature protection
• Inrush current protection circuit
• Under-voltage-lockout function
• Auto-discharge function
• Pull down connection between CONTROL and GND
• Ultra small package DFN5B (1.2 mm x 1.2 mm ; t 0.38 mm )
Start of commercial production