TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
TC74VHC165F, TC74VHC165FT, TC74VHC165FK
8-Bit Shift Register (P-IN, S-OUT)
The TC74VHC165 is an advanced high speed CMOS 8-BIT
PARALLEL/SERIAL-IN, SERIAL-OUT SHIFT REGISTER
fabricated with silicon gate C2MOS technology.
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent Bipolar
Schottky TTL while maintaining the CMOS low power dissipation.
It consists of parallel-in or serial-in, serial-out 8-bit shift register
with a gated clock input. When the SHIFT/ LOAD input is held
high, the serial data input is enabled and the eight frip-frops
perform serial shifting with each clock pulse.
When the SHIFT/ LOAD input is held low, the parallel data is
loaded synchronously into the register at positive going transition of
the clock pulse.
The CK-INH input should be shifted high only when the CK input
is held high.
An Input protection circuit ensures that 0 to 5.5 V can be applied
to the input pins without regard to the supply voltage. This device
can be used to interface 5 V to 3 V systems and on two supply
systems such as battery back up. This circuit prevents device
destruction due to mismatched supply and input voltages.
• High speed: fmax = 150 MHz (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 4 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• High noise immunity: VNIH = VNIL = 28% VCC (min)
• Power down protection is provided on all inputs.
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Wide operating voltage range: VCC (opr) = 2 V to 5.5 V
• Pin and function compatible with 74ALS165
SOP16-P-300-1.27A: 0.18 g (typ.)
TSSOP16-P-0044-0.65A: 0.06 g (typ.)
VSSOP16-P-0030-0.50: 0.02 g (typ.)
Start of commercial production