SCSI 1 Protocol Controller
For the availability of this product, please contact the sales office.
The CXD1185C is a high performance CMOS
SCSI controller LSI that conforms to ANSIX3. 131-
1986 standards. The CXD1185C is capable of
operating in both initiator and target modes. It
satisfies all standard SCSI bus features, such as
arbitration, selection and parity generation/check
functions. A 24-bit data transfer byte counter and
16-byte FIFO are built into the hardware. Two
separate buses for data and processor makes high
speed data transfer possible. 48 mA (sinking) port
is built-in to achieve reduction in the number of
The chip offers a set of high level commands at
SCSI phase level. It is also possible to read/write all
individual SCSI signals. The combination of the
above two makes programs simpler and at the same
time improves programmability.
• Satisfies all SCSI bus features, including
arbitration, selection, parity generation/check and
synchronous data transfer.
• Maximum synchronous data transfer rate of 4.0
MB/s and maximum asynchronous data transfer
rate of 2.5 MB/s.
• Provides two separate ports for the data bus and
the CPU bus.
• Built-in user-programmable timer for selection
/reselection time-out operation.
• Supports 8-bit microcomputer bus.
• Support programmed I/O and DMA transfer.
• Built-in 48 mA (sinking) SCSI port. The SCSI port
can be used as either single-ended port or
• Built-in 24-bit data transfer counter.
• Built-in 16-byte FIFO.
64 pin QFP (Plastic)
64 pin LQFP (Plastic)
• Supports SCSI phase commands.
• All SCSI control signal are software controllable.
• All interrupt conditions are software maskable.
• Built-in 4-bit general-use I/O port.
• Programmable SCSI RST drive time.
• Programmable interrupt pin (IRQ) active logic level.
• Single initiator mode detection logic.
• Selection phase SCSI parity check/ignore switch.
• Pin compatible with CXD1185AQ.
• Comes in 64-pin QFP or 64-pin LQFP
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta=25 °C, VSS=0 V)
• Supply voltage VDD VSS–0.5 to +7.0
• Input voltage
VI VSS–0.5 to VDD +0.5 V
• Output voltage VO VSS–0.5 to VDD +0.5 V
• Operating temperature
–20 to +75
• Storage temperature
Tstg –55 to +150 °C
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.