2ch. Read/Write Amplifier for Thin Film Head of Hard Disk Drive
For the availability of this product, please contact the sales office.
The CXA3188N is a Read/Write Amplifier for the
thin film head of hard disk drive and designed to
handle up to 2 channel heads.
16 pin SSOP (Plastic)
• Operate on single +5 V power supply
• Low power consumption
Read : 90 mW
Write : 115 mW + IW × 5
Idle : 8 mW
• Designed for two terminal thin-film or MIG heads.
• Read amplifier emitter follower output featuring
200 times gain(typ).
• Differential input capacitance for Read : 6pF (typ)
• Input noise : 0.47 nV / √ Hz (typ)
• Write current range : 10 to 20 mA
• Differential Head voltage swing : 9 Vp-p (typ)
• Differential P-ECL write data input.
• Built-in write unsafe detection circuit.
• Built-in Servo write function.
• Read data outputs are high impedance in write
• Unselected head voltage is high impedance.
• Self switching damping resistor 380 Ω.
• Built-in supply voltage monitor circuit prohibits
incorrect write during power on or abnormal
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta=25 °C)
• Supply voltage
VCC 6 V
• Operating temperature Topr –20 to +70 °C
• Storage temperature Tstg –55 to +150 °C
• Allowable power dissipation (on board)
PD 760 mW
• Write current
IW 22 mA
• WUS/SE pin input current
ISEH 15 mA
Read, Write and Write unsafe detection for HDD,
power supply ON/OFF detection.
Bipolar silicon monolithic IC
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.