Read/Write Amplifier (with Built-in Filters) for FDDs
For the availability of this product, please contact the sales office.
The CXA3071N is a monolithic IC designed for use
20 pin SSOP (Plastic)
with three-mode Floppy Disk Drives, and contains a
read circuit (with a four-mode filter system), a write
circuit, an erase circuit, and a supply voltage
detection circuit, all on a single chip.
• Single 5V power supply
• All filter, write current and other characteristics can
be set with a single external resistor.
• Filter system can be switched among four modes:
1M, 1.6M/2M, which are each inner track/outer
• Filter characteristics can be set to Chebyshev (1dB
ripple) for 1.6M, 2M/inner track only, and to
Butterworth for the other modes and a custom
selection can be made between Chebyshev (1dB
ripple) and Butterworth for 1.6M, 2M/inner track
• 1M/outer track f0 and the fc ratio for each mode
can be customized.
• Preamplifier voltage gain can be set to 45dB or
48dB by switching the filter mode and inner/outer
• Preamplifier and filter output are monitored with
the same pins. These pins are normally set to filter
output, but the preamplifier output can be
monitored by temporarily setting the SETR pin (Pin
20) to Low.
• Time domain filter can be switched between two
modes: 1M, 1.6M/2M.
In addition, the pulse width can be customized.
• Write current can be switched among six modes
according to the mode and inner/outer track
The current value can be customized for each
• Erase current remains constant, and the current
value can be customized.
• Damping resistor can be built in. Resistor can be
customized between 2kΩ and 15kΩ in 1kΩ steps.
• Supply voltage detection circuit
Bipolar silicon monolithic IC
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
• Supply voltage
• Digital signal input pin voltage
–0.5 to VCC + 0.3 V
• Power ON output applied voltage
VCC + 0.3
• Erase output applied voltage VCC + 0.3
• Write head applied voltage
• Power ON output current
• Operating temperature Topr –20 to +75 °C
• Storage temperature Tstg –65 to +150 °C
• Allowable power dissipation
PD 375 mW
4.4 to 6.0
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.