The CXA2610N is a laser driver IC for optical discs.
This IC supports higher optical power output speeds.
16 pin SSOP (Plastic)
• LD driver with excellent driving capability
• Write current of 250mA (max.) possible by setting
the IIN2 (Pin 2) and IIN3 (Pin 5) external resistors
• Rise time ≈ 3ns
• Fall time ≈ 4ns
• The oscillation frequency of the built-in oscillation
circuit can be set from 100 to 600MHz by
connecting the OSCFR (Pin 4) external resistor to
• The oscillator amplitude initial value of the built-in
oscillation circuit can be set by connecting the
OSCGA (Pin 12) external resistor to GND, and the
oscillator amplitude can be adjusted by the IINR
input current value.
• Oscillation ON/OFF can be set as desired.
• Single +5V power supply
• TTL/CMOS control for control system
Absolute Maximum Ratings
• Supply voltage
• Operating temperature Topr –10 to +70
• Storage temperature
Tstg –65 to +150
4.5 to 5.5 V
• CD-R driver
• CD-RW driver
• DVD driver
• Writable optical driver
• Laser diode current switching
Bipolar silicon monolithic IC
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.