Constant-Current Driver for Full Color LED Display
For the availability of this product, please contact the sales office.
The CXA2108Q is a 1,024-gradation LED driver
which is ideal for full color LED displays. This IC has
24 outputs and a maximum output current of 60mA.
Time division allows driving of either two or six LEDs
per output by connecting an external FET or other
switch. The luminance (PWM) and drive current for
each LED are set using the internal RAM. The LED
type is common anode.
80 pin QFP (Plastic)
• 24 outputs: 10-bit (1,024-gradation) PWM current outputs
• Maximum output current: 60mA
• LED type: Common anode
• 4-bit brightness function capable of switching the basic PWM pulse width in 16 steps
• Time division allows driving of up to six LEDs with a single output, making it possible to configure a high
definition display with few driver ICs.
• Coarse Adj. (2 bits) and Fine Adj. (8 bits) output current adjustment for each LED makes it possible to drive
R, G and B using the same output from the same IC. In addition, the characteristics variance of each LED
can also be corrected.
• All luminance (PWM) data and drive current data are set by writing to the internal RAM.
• PWM emitting can be performed up to 15 times per frame to realize a screen with little flicker.
• Two built-in PWM data RAM make it possible to set the next luminance data even during PWM operation.
• Abnormal internal temperature detection circuit
• Single 5V power supply
• Surface mounting package (80-pin QFP)
LED display panels
Bi-CMOS silicon monolithic IC
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
• Supply voltage
• Digital input voltage
• Digital output current
• Driver output voltage
• Driver output current
• Operating temperature∗1
• Storage temperature
• Allowable power dissipation∗1 (Ta = 65°C or less) PD
–0.3 to +6.0
–0.3 to DVCC + 0.3
–5.0 to +5.0
0 to AVCC + 0.3
–1 to +80
–40 to +80
–65 to +150
Recommended Operating Range
• Supply voltage
• Driver output compliance voltage
• Operating temperature (ambient temperature)∗1
• Operating temperature (case temperature)∗1
4.75 to 5.25
1.5 to AVCC + 0.3
–20 to +65
–20 to +110
∗1 When mounted on a printed circuit board
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.