Recording/Playback Equalizer Amplifier
For the availability of this product, please contact the sales office.
The CXA1998AQ is an IC developed for analog
signal processing in tape recorders. Processing for
both the recording and playback systems is
achieved on one chip.
48 pin QFP (Plastic)
• 11-bit serial data interface
• Recording/playback mute function
• Recording equalizer Gp and Fp can be adjusted
• AGC (Automatic Gain Control)
• Comparator for AMS (Automatic Music Sensor)
• Recording/playback equalizer amplifier with 1.7
times speed switching
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta = 25°C)
• Supply voltage
VCC, VDD 12
• Operating temperature Topr –20 to +75 °C
• Storage temperature Tstg –65 to +150 °C
• Allowable power dissipation
PD 645 mW
Bipolar silicon monolithic IC
All analog signal processing in the cassette decks
of tape recorders and compact music centers
Applicable to MITSUMI ELECTRIC Co., Ltd.
Playback head: BP-7442-CP-6973
Recording/playback head: BC-9242-CB-9267
6.5 to 10.0 V
4.5 to 5.5 V
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.