4ch. Read/Write Amplifier for Thin Film Head of Hard Disk Drive
For the availability of this product, please contact the sales office.
The CXA1940N is a Read/Write Amplifier for the
thin film head of hard disk drives and designed to
handle up to 4-channel heads.
20 pin SSOP (Plastic)
• Operate on single +5V power supply.
• Low power consumption.
Read : 95mW
Write (IW=20mA) : 130mW+IW × 5
Power save : 5.5mW
• Write current can be varied through an external
resistor. Built-in stabilizing circuit provides stable
current during voltage and temperature drift.
• Drives up to 4 heads.
• Designed for two-terminal thin-film or MIG heads.
• Built-in power save function.
• Read amplifier emitter follower output featuring
290 times gain (Typ.).
• Built-in Write unsafe detection circuit.
• Built-in supply voltage monitor circuit prohibits
incorrect Write during power on or abnormal
• Built-in IC protection circuit for short of head and
• Differential input capacitance for Read : 14pF
• Write data input minimum pulse width : 10ns
• Read data output become high impedance in write
mode to improve read data offset when switching
from write to read mode.
• Unselected head DC voltage is GND potential.
• Self switching damping resistance (RD=310Ω)
Block Diagram and Pin Configuration
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.