8ch. Read/Write Amplifier for Thin Film Heads of Hard Disk Drive
For the availability of this product, please contact the sales office.
The CXA1829N is a Read/Write amplifier for hard
30 pin SSOP (Plastic)
disk drive thin-film heads and is designed to handle
up to 8-channel heads.
• Operates on a single 5V power supply.
• Low power consumption.
Read: 115 mW
Write (IW = 15 mA): 160 mW + IW × 5
Power Save: 7 mW
• Write current can be varied through an external
resistor. Built-in stabilizer circuit provides stable
current, preventing voltage and temperature drift.
• Drives up to 8 heads.
• Supports thin film heads or 2-pin MIG heads.
• Emitter follower-type Read amplifier features 290
times gain (typ.).
• Write-unsafe detection circuit.
• Damping resistance is switched at Write (315 Ω).
• Simultaneous Write function.
• Supply voltage monitor circuit prohibits error
writing during power surge or abnormal voltage.
• IC protection circuit for head-to-ground short circuit
• Differential input capacitance at Read: 14 pF (typ.).
• Write data input minimum pulse width: 10 ns
• Read data output in Write mode becomes a high
impedance due to the improved Read data offset
when Write is switched to Read.
• Non-selected head DC voltage falls to GND level.
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta=25°C)
• Supply voltage
• Write current
IW 20 mAo-p
• Operating temperature Topr –20 to +75 °C
• Operating temperature at Simultaneous Write
Topr –20 to +30 °C
• Storage temperature Tstg –55 to +150 °C
• Allowable power dissipation
Recommended Operating Conditions
• Supply voltage
Bipolar silicon monolithic IC
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.