Dolby B Type Noise Reduction System with Playback Equalizer
For the availability of this product, please contact the sales office.
The CXA1580Q is an IC designed for use in car
40 pin QFP (Plastic)
stereos. Functions include Dolby B type noise
reduction, playback equalizer and interval detection
between tracks (MUSIC SENSOR) into a single
• Few external parts
• Forward/Reverse head switching
• 3-input selector switch (TAPE, CD, RADIO)
• Small package (40-pin QFP)
• Dolby B type noise reduction and playback
equalizer into a single chip
• Same pin configuration as Dolby B/C type noise
reduction system (CXA1581)
• Interval detection level between tracks can be set
by external resistors/capacitors (2 modes).
• Car stereos
• Stereo cassette deck players (playback only)
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta=25°C)
• Supply voltage
• Operating temperature Topr –40 to +85 °C
• Storage temperature Tstg –65 to +150 °C
• Allowable power dissipation
PD 430 mW
Recommended Operating Condition
Vcc 6.5 to 11
Bipolar silicon monolithic IC
* “Dolby” and the double D symbols are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation.
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.