Dolby B∗ type Noise Reduction System
The CXA1550/CXA1551/CXA1552/CXA1553 are
bipolar ICs providing two separate Dolby B type
noise reduction processors. The series is
composed of seven devices having four Dolby levels
and two types of package for various applications.
These devices feature very few external
components, which is achieved by monolithic filter
circuits using integrated thin film capacitors with high
16 pin SOP (Plastic)
16 pin DIP (Plastic)
• Pin replaceable with CXA1100 series
• Minimum number of external components
• NR ON/OFF/Double Speed, REC/PB switches
• Small package (16 pin SOP, 16 pin DIP)
• Low current consumption 5.6mA typ.
• Dual channel processors in one chip
• Double speed encode and decode functions are
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta=25 °C)
• Supply voltage
VCC 23 V
• Operating temperature Topr –40 to +85 °C
• Storage temperature Tstg –65 to +150 °C
• Allowable power dissipation
DIP16 (A1550P/A1551P/A1552P/A1553P) 900 mW
∗ These ICs are available only to the licensees of
Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation from
whom licensing and applications information may
∗ “Dolby” and the double D symbols are trade marks
of Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation.
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.