TC533AX / TC233AX / TC333AX
3 + 3 digit, 7 segment digital display
R: Control output ON
3 keys for digital setting
Thermocouple (J,K,T,R,S) / RTD (Pt100)
Input Filter (FTC)
0.2 to 10.0 sec
Fixed 1o resolution
oC / °F selectable
For TC inputs: 0.25% of FS ±1°
For R & S inputs: 0.5% of F.S ± 2°
(20 min of warm up time for TC inputs)
For RTD inputs: 0.1% of FS ±1°
1) PID control with auto tuning
2) ON-OFF control
Proportional Band (P)
1 to 400°
Integral Time (I)
0.0 to 99.9 min
Derivative Time (D)
0 to 999 sec
0.1 to 99.9 sec
0.1 to 99.9°
Manual Reset Value
-19.9 to 19.9°
(Relay or SSR user selectable)
Relay contact (SPDT)
10 A @ 250V AC / 30V DC, resistive
SSR Drive Output (Voltage Pulse)
12V DC, 50 mA
85 to 270V AC/DC (AC: 50 or 60 Hz )
OPTIONAL - 24V AC/DC
5 VA max @230V AC
Operating : 0 to 50°C ; Storage : -20 to 75°C
TC533AX: 129 gms
TC233AX: 180 gms
TC333AX: 240 gms
All safety related codifications, symbols and instructions that
appear in this operating manual or on the equipment must
be strictly followed to ensure the safety of the operating
personnel as well as the instrument.
If the equipment is not handled in a manner specified
by the manufacturer it might impair the protection provided
by the equipment.
Read complete instructions prior to installation and
operation of the unit.
WARNING: Risk of electric shock.
1. To prevent the risk of electric shock power supply to
the equipment must be kept OFF while doing the
wiring arrangement. Do not touch the terminals while
power is being supplied.
2. To eliminate electromagnetic interference use short
wire with adequate ratings; twists of the same in equal
size shall be made. For the input and output signal lines,
be sure to use shielded wires and keep them away from
3. Cable used for connection to power source, must have a
cross section of 1mm2 or greater. These wires shall have
insulation capacity made of at least 1.5kV.
4. When extending the thermocouple lead wires, always
use thermocouple compensation wires for wiring. For
the RTD type, use a wiring material with a small lead
resistance (5Ω max per line) and no resistance
differentials among three wires.
5. A better anti-noise effect can be expected by using
standard power supply cable for the instrument.
1 The equipment should be cleaned regularly to avoid
blockage of ventilating parts.
2. Clean the equipment with a clean soft cloth . Do not
use Isopropyl alcohol or any other cleaning agent.
1. This equipment, being built-in-type, normally becomes a
part of main control panel and in such case the terminals
do not remain accessible to the end user after installation
and internal wiring.
2 Do not allow pieces of metal, wire clippings, or fine
metallic fillings from installation to enter the product or
else it may lead to a safety hazard that may in turn
endanger life or cause electrical shock to the operator.
3. Circuit breaker or mains switch must be installed
between power source and supply terminals to facilitate
power 'ON' or ‘OFF’ function. However this switch or
breaker must be installed in a convenient position
normally accessible to the operator.
4. Use and store the temperature controller within the
specified ambient temperature and humidity ranges as
mentioned in this manual.
1. When powering up for the first time, disconnect the
2. Fuse Protection: The unit is normally supplied without a
power switch and fuses. Make wiring so that the fuse is
placed between the mains power supply switch and the
controller. (2 pole breaker fuse- rating: 275V AC,1A for
electrical circuitry is highly recommended)
3. Since this is a built-in-type equipment (finds place in main
control panel), its output terminals get connected to host
equipment. Such equipment shall also comply with basic
EMI/EMC and other safety requirements like BSEN61326-1
and BSEN61010 respectively.
4. Thermal dissipation of equipment is met through
ventilation holes provided on chassis of equipment. Such
ventilation holes shall not be obstructed else it can lead
to a safety hazard.
5. The output terminals shall be strictly loaded to the
manufacturer specified values/range.
NEW Outline dimensions (in mm)
dimensions (in mm)
52 52 94 45 4 46 46
72 72 83.7 67 4.5 69 69
96 96 73 90.5 5 92 92
1. Prepare the panel cutout with proper dimensions as
2. Remove the clamp from the controller and push the
controller into the panel cutout. Insert the clamp from
the rear side until the main unit is securely fit into the
3. The equipment in its installed state must not come in
close proximity to any heating sources, caustic vapors,
oils, steam, or other unwanted process by-products.
4. Use the specified size of crimp terminals (M3.5 screws)
to wire the terminal block. Tighten the screws on the
terminal block using the tightening torque within the
range of 1.2 N.m.
5. Do not connect anything to unused terminals.
1. Use proper input power cables with shortest connections
and twisted type.
2. Layout of connecting cables shall be away from any
internal EMI source.
1. The service life of the output relays depends on the
switching capacity and switching conditions. Consider
the actual application conditions and use the product
within the rated load and electrical service life.
2. Although the relay output is rated at 10 amps it is
always necessary to use an interposing relay or
contactor that will switch the load. This avoids
damage to the controller in the event of a fault short
developing on the power output circuit.
3. Always use a separate fused supply for the “power
load circuit”and do not take this from the live and
neutral terminals supplying power to the controller.
For load current less than
For bigger loads, use
interposing relay / contactor
ELECTRICAL PRECAUTIONS DURING USE
Electrical noise generated by switching of inductive
loads can create momentary disruption, erratic
display, latch up, data loss or permanent damage to
To reduce noise:
a) Use of snubber circuits across loads as shown
above, is recommended.
b) Use separate shielded wires for inputs.
L (+) 1
N( ) 2
SSR Drive Output
Measured Value Input
Thermocouple (J, K, T, R, S)
Connect thermocouple sensor For 2-wire RTD input short
according to polarity shown. terminals 7 and 8
Operating/1103/ TC533AX / TC233AX / TC333AX/ OP293-V04(Page 1 of 3)
Free Datasheet http://www.datasheet4u.com/