HIC for 5-Phase Stepping Motor
PMM530 is a single packaged power hybrid IC of the switching elements to be used for driving 5-phase stepping motor.
This HIC has been developed for the purpose to further simplify the usage of 5-phase stepping motor. When combined only
with the controller IC to generate the excitation mode, this HIC can configure a driver device for a 5-phase stepping motor.
• High speed and high torque rotation by 5-phase pentagon system.
• Constant voltage and constant current PWM driving system (excited by others).
• Power voltage (driving power)
• High output current
: 4A max. (1A/phase)
• Reduced heat generation by using MOSFET for the power drive element.
• The all-in-one packaging reduces number of parts around peripheral circuits.
• Two package types are available, enabling flexible PCB designing.
Maximum rating (Tc = 25˚C)
Operating temperature on PCB
Temperature at joint
Without signal (25pin terminal)
Without signal (5pin terminal)
FET drive power (6pin terminal)
1 pulse 100ms,TC=25˚C
Single FET for phase switching,TC=25˚C
Single FET for constant current control,TC=25˚C
No-condensing at a low temperature
Recommended operation condition (Ta = 25˚C)
Phase driver withstanding voltage
With signal (25pin terminal)
With signal (5pin terminal)
With signal (6pin terminal)
With signal (24pin terminal)