High junction temperature Transil™
Product status link
• Peak pulse power:
– 600 W (10/1000 μs)
– 4 kW (8/20 μs)
• Stand-off voltage range: from 5 V to 188 V
• Unidirectional and bidirectional types
• Low leakage current:
– 0.2 μA at 25 °C
– 1 μA at 85 °C
• Operating Tj max: 175 °C
• JEDEC registered package outline
• Complies with the following standard: IEC 61000-4-2 level 4:
– ±15 kV (air discharge)
– ±8 kV (contact discharge)
• Complies with the following standard: MIL STD 883G, method 3015-7, class 3B:
– ±25 kV HBM (human body model)
The SMA6J Transil series has been designed to protect sensitive equipment against
electro-static discharges according to IEC 61000-4-2, MIL STD 883 Method 3015,
and electrical overstress such as IEC 61000-4-4 and 5. They are generally for surges
below 600 W 10/1000 μs.
This planar technology makes it compatible with high-end equipment and SMPS
where low leakage current and high junction temperature are required to provide
reliability and stability over time. Their low clamping voltages provide a better safety
margin to protect sensitive circuits with extended life time expectancy.
Packaged in SMA, which minimizes PCB space consumption (SMA footprint in
accordance with IPC 7531 standard).
Transil™ is a trademark of STMicroelectronics.
DS5142 - Rev 7 - August 2018
For further information contact your local STMicroelectronics sales office.