SMT Power Inductors
High Current Molded Power Inductor - PA4346 & PM4346 Series
1. Actual temperature of the component during system operation (ambient plus
temperature rise) must be within the standard operating range.
2. The saturation current is the current at which the initial inductance drops
approximately 30% at the stated ambient temperature. This current is determined
by placing the compnent in the specified ambient environment and applying a short
duration pulse current (to eliminate self-heating effect) to the component.
3. The rated current is the DC current required to raise the component temperature by
approximately 40�C. Take note that the components’ performance varies depending
on the system condition. It is suggested that the component be tested at the system
level, to verify the temperature rise of the component during system operation.
4. The part temperature (ambient+temp rise) should not exceed 125�C under worst
case operating conditions. Circuit design, PCB trace size and thickness, airflow and
other cooling provisions all affect the part temperature. Part temperature should be
verified in the end application.
5. Please note that the inductance tolerance of all parts are ±20%, except those
indicated by an * which are +/- 30%.
6. Parts shown in bold are standard catalog parts and are available through sample
stock and distribution. Parts in lighter font are available but are not necessarily held
in sample stock or distribution and lead times may be longer. Please contact Pulse
7. The PM prefix parts are AEC-Q200 qualified and has full automotive IATF16949
certification. The mechanical dimensions are 100% tested in production but do not
necessarily meet a product capability index (Cpk) 1.33 and therefore may not strictly
conform to PPAP.
8. Special characteristics
All Dimensions in mm.
SUGGESTED PAD LAYOUT
2 power.pulseelectronics.com P873. Pre (02/20) http://www.power.pulseelectronics.com/contact