SMT Current Sense Transformers
PA1005.XXXNL and PM2165.XXXNL
Height: 5.5mm Max
Footprint: 8.4mm x 7.2mm Max
Current Rating: up to 20A
Frequency Range: 20kHz to 1MHz
Low Primary DCR version of P820X
Electrical Specifications @ 25°C — Operating Temperature -40°C to +130°C
DCR (mΩ MAX)
1. The temperature of component (ambient temperature plus temper-ature rise) must be
within the specified operating temperature range.
2. The maximum current rating is based upon temperature rise of the component and
represents the DC current which will cause a typical temperature rise of 40°C with no
3. To calculate value of terminating resistor (Rt) use the following formula:
Rt (W) = Vref * N /(Ipeak_primary)
4. The peak flux density of the device must remain below 2000 Gauss. To calculate the
peak flux density for uni-polar current use following formula:
Bpk = 37.59 * Vref * (Duty_Cycle_Max) * 105 / (N * Freq_kHz)
* for bi-polar current applications divide Bpk (as calculated above) by 2.
5. Optional Tape & Reel packaging can be ordered by adding a “T” suffix to the part num-
ber (i.e. PA1005.020NL becomes PA1005.020NLT). Pulse complies to industry standard
tape and reel specification EIA481.
6. The “NL” suffix indicates an RoHS-compliant part number. Non-NL suffixed parts are
not necessarily RoHS compliant, but are electrically and mechanically equivalent to NL
versions. If a part number does not have the “NL” suffix, but an RoHS compliant version
is required, please contact Pulse for availability.
7. The PM2165.XXXNL part numbers are AEC-Q200 and IATF16949 certified. The mechanical
dimensions are 100% tested in production but do not necessarily meet aproduct capabil-
ity index (Cpk) >1.33 and therefore may not strictly conform to PPAP.
1 power.pulseelectronics.com SPM2007_58 (02/19) http://www.power.pulseelectronics.com/contact