USB Speaker Controller with Class-D Amp.
The PT8915 is a cost-efficient single chip for USB
speaker application. It integrated USB controller, 16 bit
audio DAC, line input and high power, high efficient
Class-D audio amplifier in one chip. Only few external
components needed in application circuits makes it
suite for the USB powered speaker system.
The I/O interface is totally follow the USB audio class
specification. No special driver software needs to
install on user’s computer and support most popular
Operating System in the recent market. The PT8915 is
a truly plug and play USB audio device. The
embedded GPIO pins provide the mute and volume
adjustment functions whatever the USB port is
connected or not, Via the I²C pins. Vendor can store
vendor specified VID, PID, language ID and product
string information in external EEPROM.
• USB Speaker
• Compliant with USB2.0 full speed specification.
• Compliant with USB Audio class specification.
• Compliant with USB HID class specification for
volume and mute remote control.
• Supply voltage: 4.5~5.5V
• Build-in class-D audio amplifier with 2Watt output
power for each channel.
(external power+4Ω speaker)
• Built-in PLL(48MHz for USB)
• Built-in USB/LINE IN function for selecting PC or
• Key pad control in USB and Line IN function for
mute, volume up and volume down.
• I2C interface for optional external EEPROM to
store vendor specified VID, PID, language ID and
product string information.
• Packages: 28 pins SOP
Tel: 886-66296288‧Fax: 886-29174598‧ http://www.princeton.com.tw‧2F, 233-1, Baociao Road, Sindian, Taipei 23145, Taiwan