This data sheet contains advance information and
specifications are subject to change without notice.
256 X 8-bit STATIC CMOS EEPROM
WITH 12C-BUS INTERFACE
The PCF8582A is a 2 Kbits 5 Volt electrically erasable programmable read only memory (EEPROM)
organized as 256 by 8-bits. It is designed in a floating gate CMOS technology.
As data bytes are received and transmitted via the serial 12C·bus, an eight pin DI L package is sufficient.
Up to eight PCF8582A devices may be connected to the 12 C·bus.
Chip select is accomplished by three address inputs.
Timing of the Erase/Write cycle can be done in two different ways; either by connecting an external
clock to the "Programming Timing Control", pin (7 or 13), or by using an internal oscillator.
If the latter is used an RC time constant must be connected to pin 7 or 13.
• Non-volatile storage of 2 Kbits organized as 256 x 8
• Only one power supply required (5 V)
• On chip voltage multiplier for erase/write
• Serial input/output bus (1 2 C)
• Automatic word address incrementing
• Low power consumption
• One point erase/write timer
• Power on reset
• 10,000 erase/write cycles per byte
• 10 years non-volati Ie data retention
• I nfinite number of read cycles
• Pin and address compatible to PCF8570, PCF8571, PCF8582 and PCD8572
• External clock signal possible.
A version with automotive temperature range -40 to + 125 oC
(PCF8582B) and a version with extended temperature range
-40 to + 85 °C (PCF8582C) are in preparation.
PCF8582AP; 8-lead dual in line; plastic (SOT97).
PCF8582AT; 16-lead mini-pack; plastic (S016L; SOT162A).
I (May 1989