Wide Bandwidth Analog Switches
• Single-Supply Operation (+2V to +6V)
• Rail-to-Rail Analog Signal Dynamic Range
• Low On-Resistance (6Ω typ. with 5V supply)
Minimizes Distortion and Error Voltages
• On-Resistance Flatness, 3Ω typ.
• Low Charge Injection Reduces Glitch Errors. Q = 4pC typ.
• High Speed. tON = 10ns typ.
• Wide -3dB Bandwidth: 326 MHz (typ.)
• High-Current Channel Capability: >100mA
• TTL/CMOS Logic Compatible
• Low Power Consumption (0.5µW typ)
• Small outline transistor package minimizes board area
• Packaging (Pb-free & Green available):
- 5-pin 65-mil wide SOT23 (T) for PI5A121 and PI5A122
- 6-pin 65-mil wide SOT23 (T) for PI5A124
- 5-pin 50-mil wide SC70 (C) for PI5A121/PI5A122
• Audio, Video Switching, and Routing
• Battery-Powered Communication Systems
• Computer Peripherals
• Portable Instrumentation
• Mechanical Relay Replacement
• Cell Phones
The PI5A121/PI5A122/PI5A124 are analog switches designed
for single-supply operation. These high-precision devices are
ideal for low-distortion audio, video, signal switching and rout-
The PI5A121 is a single-pole throw (SPST) normally open (NO)
switch. The switch is open when IN is LOW. The PI5A122 is
a single-pole single-throw (SPST) normally closed (NC)
Each switch conducts current equally well in either direction
when on. When off, they block voltages up to V+.
These switches are fully specified with +5V, and +3.3V supplies.
With +5V, they guarantee <10Ω On-Resistance. On-Resistance
matching between channels is within 2Ω. On-Resistance flatness
is less than 55Ω over the specified range. These switches also
guarantee fast switching speeds (tON <20ns).
These products are available in 5-pin SC70 and/or 6-pin SOT23
plastic packages for operation over the industrial (-40oC to +85oC)
Functional Diagrams, Pin Configurations and Truth Tables
5 V+ COM 1
4 IN GND 3
4 IN GND 3
Switches shown for Logic “0” input
0 OFF ON
1 ON OFF