• SATA2 i, m; external SATA2
• Two 3.0Gbps differential signal pairs
• Adjustable Receiver Equalization
• 100-Ohm Differential CML I/O’s
• Independent Output Emphasis Control
• Input signal level detect and squelch for each channel
• OOB Support
• Low Power (100mW per Channel)
• Stand-by Mode – Power Down State
• VDD Operating Range: 1.5V to 1.8V
• Packaging: — 20-TQFN (3.5x 4.5mm)
3.0Gbps, 1-port, SATA2 i/m Re-Driver
Pericom Semiconductor’s PI2EQX3231BL is a low power,
signal Re-Driver. The device provides programmable
equalization, to optimize performance over a variety of
physical mediums by reducing Inter-Symbol Interference.
PI2EQX3231BL supports two 100-Ohm Differential CML data
I/O’s between the Protocol ASIC to a switch fabric, across a
backplane, or to extend the signals across other distant data
pathways on the user’s platform.
The integrated equalization circuitry provides ﬂexibility with
signal integrity of the signal before the re-driver.
A low-level input signal detection and output squelch function
is provided for each channel. Each channel operates fully
independantly. When the channels are enabled (CE=1) and
operating, that channels input signal level (on xI+/-) determines
whether the output is active. If the input signal level of the channel
falls below the active threshold level (Vth-) then the outputs are
driven to the common mode voltage.
In addition to signal conditioning, when CE = 0, the device
enters a low power standby mode.
- Repeated 2 times -
Pin Diagram (Top Side View)