SURFACE MOUNT TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR POWER 400 Watt
5 to 220 Volt
• For surface mounted applications in order to optimize board space.
• Glass passivated junction
• Low inductance
• Plastic package has Underwriters Laboratory Flammability
• High temperature soldering : 260°C /10 seconds at terminals
• ESD IEC-61000-4-2 Air + 30kV, Contact + 30kV
• Lead free in compliance with EU RoHS 2.0
• Green molding compound as per IEC 61249 standard
• Case: JEDEC DO-214AC,Molded plastic over passivated junction
• Terminals: Solder plated,solderable per MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
• Polarity: Color band denotes cathode end
• Standard Packaging: 12mm tape (EIA-481)
• Weight: 0.0023 ounces, 0.0679 grams
DEVICES FOR BIPOLAR APPLICATIONS
For Bidirectional use C or CA Suffix for types P4SMAJ5.0 thru types P4SMAJ220.
Electrical characteristics apply in both directions.
MAXIMUM RATINGS AND ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
Ratings at 25°C ambient temperature unless otherwise specified.
Peak Pulse Power Dissipation on T = 25OC (Notes 1,2,5, Fig.1)
Peak Forward Surge Current per Fig.5 (Notes 3)
Peak Pulse Current on tp=10/1000μs waveform (Notes 1) Fig.2
Typical Thermal Resistance Junction to Air (Notes 2)
ESD IEC-61000-4-2 (Air)
ESD IEC-61000-4-2 (Contact)
Operating Junction and Storage Temperature Range
see Table 1
-55 to +150
OC / W
1. Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig.3 and derated above TA = 25OC per Fig. 2.
2. Mounted on 5mm2 copper pads to each terminal.
3. 8.3ms single half sine-wave, or equivalent square wave, duty cycle = 4 pulses per minutes maximum.
4. Lead temperature at 75OC = T .
5. Peak pulse power waveform is 10/1000μs.
6. A transient suppressor is selected according to the working peak reverse voltage (VRWM), which should be equal to or
greater than the DC or continuous peak operating voltage level.
PAGE . 1