SURFACE MOUNT TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR POWER 400 Watt
BREAK DOWN VOLTAGE
6.8 to 250 Volt
• For surface mounted applications in order to optimize board space
• Glass passivated junction
• Low inductance
• Plastic package has Underwriters Laboratory Flammability
• High temperature soldering : 260°C /10 seconds at terminals
• ESD IEC-61000-4-2 Air + 30kV, Contact + 30kV
• Lead free in compliance with EU RoHS2.0 (2011/65/EU & 2015/865/EU
• Green molding compound as per IEC61249 Std. . (Halogen Free)
• Case: JEDEC DO-214AC,Molded plastic over passivated junction.
• Terminals: Solder plated,solderable per MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
• Polarity: Color band denotes cathode end
• Standard Packaging: 12mm tape (EIA-481)
• Weight: 0.002 ounce, 0.068 gram
DEVICES FOR BIPOLAR APPLICATIONS
For Bidirectional use C or CA Suffix for types P4SMA6.8 thru types P4SMA250.
Electrical characteristics apply in both directions.
MAXIMUM RATINGS AND ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
Ratings at 25°C ambient temperature unless otherwise specified.
Peak Pulse Power Dissipation on TA = 25OC (Notes 1,2,5, Fig.1)
ESD IEC-61000-4-2 (Air)
ESD IEC-61000-4-2 (Contact)
Peak Forward Surge Current per Fig.5 (Notes 3)
IFSM 40 Amps
Peak Pulse Current on tp=10/1000μs waveform (Notes 1)Fig.2
see Table 1
Typical Thermal Resistance Junction to Air (Notes 2)
70 OC / W
Operating Junction and Storage Temperature Range
-55 to +150
1. Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig.3 and derated above TA = 25OC per Fig. 2.
2. Mounted on 5mm 2 copper pads to each terminal.
3. 8.3ms single half sine-wave, or equivalent square wave, duty cycle = 4 pulses per minutes maximum.
4. Lead temperature at 75OC = TL.
5. Peak pulse power wavef orm is 10/1000 μs.
6. A transient suppressor is selected according to the working peak reverse voltage (VRWM), which should be equal to or greater than the DC
or continuous peak operating voltage level.
PAGE . 1