2.5V/3.3V Differential 1:2
Clock/Data Fanout Buffer/
Translator with CML
Outputs and Internal
The NB7L11M is a differential 1−to−2 clock/data distribution chip
with internal source termination and CML output structure, optimized
for low skew and minimal jitter. The device is functionally equivalent to
the EP11, LVEP11, or SG11 devices. Device produces two identical
output copies of clock or data operating up to 8 GHz or 12 Gb/s,
respectively. As such, NB7L11M is ideal for SONET, GigE, Fiber
Channel, Backplane and other clock/data distribution applications.
Inputs incorporate internal 50 W termination resistors and accept
LVPECL, CML, LVCMOS, LVTTL, or LVDS (See Table 6).
Differential 16 mA CML output provides matching internal 50 W
terminations, and 400 mV output swings when externally terminated,
50 W to VCC (See Figure 14).
The device is offered in a low profile 3x3 mm 16−pin QFN package.
Application notes, models, and support documentation are available at
• Maximum Input Clock Frequency up to 8 GHz Typical
• Maximum Input Data Rate up to 12 Gb/s Typical
• < 0.5 ps of RMS Clock Jitter
• < 10 ps of Data Dependent Jitter
• 30 ps Typical Rise and Fall Times
www.Dat•aS1h1ee0t4pUs.cToympical Propagation Delay
• 3 ps Typical Within Device Skew
• Operating Range: VCC = 2.375 V to 3.465 V with VEE = 0 V
• CML Output Level (400 mV Peak−to−Peak Output) Differential
• 50 W Internal Input and Output Termination Resistors
• Functionally Compatible with Existing 2.5 V/3.3 V LVEL, LVEP, EP
and SG Devices
• Pb−Free Packages are Available*
A = Assembly Location
L = Wafer Lot
Y = Year
W = Work Week
G = Pb−Free Package
(Note: Microdot may be in either location)
*For additional marking information, refer to
Application Note AND8002/D.
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 10 of this data sheet.
*For additional information on our Pb−Free strategy and
soldering details, please download the ON Semicon-
ductor Soldering and Mounting Techniques Reference
Figure 1. Logic Diagram
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2006
January, 2006 − Rev. 1
Publication Order Number: