NPN microwave power transistor
• Interdigitated structure provides high emitter efficiency
• Diffused emitter ballasting resistors providing excellent
current sharing and withstanding a high VSWR
• Gold metallization realizes very stable characteristics
and excellent lifetime
• Multicell geometry gives good balance of dissipated
power and low thermal resistance.
• Input matching cell improves input impedance and
allows an easier design of wideband circuits.
PINNING - SOT443A
3 base connected to ﬂange
• Common base class-B power amplifiers under CW
conditions in military and professional applications up to
NPN silicon planar epitaxial microwave power transistor in
a SOT443A metal ceramic flange package with the base
connected to the flange.
Fig.1 Simplified outline and symbol.
QUICK REFERENCE DATA
RF performance up to Tmb = 25 °C in a common base class-B selective ampliﬁer.
MODE OF OPERATION
ηC Zi; ZL
≥45 see Figs 5
Product and environmental safety - toxic materials
This product contains beryllium oxide. The product is entirely safe provided that the BeO slab is not damaged.
All persons who handle, use or dispose of this product should be aware of its nature and of the necessary safety
precautions. After use, dispose of as chemical or special waste according to the regulations applying at the location of
the user. It must never be thrown out with the general or domestic waste.
1997 Feb 18