4-digit static LCD car clock
• Internal voltage regulator is electrically programmable
for various LCD voltages
• Time calibration is electrically programmable
(no trimming capacitor required)
• LCD voltage adjusts with temperature for good contrast
• 4.19 MHz oscillator
• 12-hour or 24-hour mode
• Operating ambient temperature: −40 to +85 °C
• 40-lead plastic SMD, face down (VSO40).
The PCF1174C is a single chip, 4.19 MHz CMOS car clock
circuit providing hours, minutes and seconds functions.
It is designed to drive a 4-digit static liquid crystal display
Two external single-pole, single-throw switches will
accomplish all time setting functions. Time calibration and
voltage regulator are electrically programmable via an
on-chip EEPROM. The circuit is battery-operated via an
internal voltage regulator and an external resistor.
plastic very small outline package; 40 leads; face down(1)
uncased chip in tray(2)
1. See Fig.1 and Chapter “Package outline” for pin layout and package details.
2. See Chapter “Chip dimensions and bonding pad locations” for pad layout and package details.
1997 Apr 16