31/2-digit LCD car clock
• Driving standard 31⁄2-digit LCD with AM and PM
• Internal voltage regulator for 5 V LCD
• Option for external stabilized voltage supply
• 4.19 MHz oscillator
• Integrated oscillator output capacitor and polarization
• Operating ambient temperature: −40 to +85 °C
• 40-lead plastic SMD, face down (VSO40).
The PCF1172C is a single chip, 4.19 MHz CMOS clock
circuit indicating hours and minutes. It is designed to drive
a 31⁄2-digit liquid crystal display (LCD) with AM and PM
Two external single-pole, single-throw switches will
accomplish all time setting functions. The circuit is
battery-operated via an internal 5 V voltage regulator or by
an external stabilized voltage supply.
plastic very small outline package; 40 leads; face down(1)
uncased chip in tray(2)
1. See Fig.1 and Chapter “Package outline” for pin layout and package details.
2. See Chapter “Chip dimensions and bonding pad locations” for pad layout and package details.
1997 Apr 16