4-digit LCD car clock
• Driving standard 31⁄2 or a 4-digit LCD
• Internal voltage regulator for 5 V LCD
• Option for external stabilized voltage supply
• 4.19 MHz oscillator
• Integrated oscillator output capacitor and polarization
• Operating ambient temperature: −40 to +85 °C
• 40-lead plastic SMD, face down (VSO40).
The PCF1171C is a single chip, 4.19 MHz CMOS car clock
circuit indicating hours and minutes. It is designed to drive
a 31⁄2 or 4-digit liquid crystal display (LCD).
Two external single-pole, single-throw switches will
accomplish all time setting functions. A bonding option
allows the selection of 12-hour or 24-hour display mode.
The circuit is battery-operated via an internal 5 V voltage
regulator or by an external stabilized voltage supply.
plastic very small outline package; 40 leads; face down(1)
uncased chip in tray(2)
1. See Fig.1 and Chapter “Package outline” for pin layout and package details.
2. See Chapter “Chip dimensions and bonding pad locations” for pad layout and package details.
1997 Apr 16