HIGH CMR, 10 Mbps OPEN COLLECTOR OUTPUT TYPE
8-PIN DIP PHOTOCOUPLER
FOR CREEPAGE DISTANCE OF 8 mm
The PS9687L1 and PS9687L2 are optically coupled isolators containing a GaAlAs LED on the input side and a
photo diode and a signal processing circuit on the output side on one chip.
The PS9687L1 and PS9687L2 are designed specifically for long creepage-distance as well as high common mode
transient immunity (CMR) and high speed digital output type. Consequently, they are suitable for high speed logic
interface that needs long creepage-distance (8 mm) on mounting.
The PS9687L1 is in a plastic DIP (Dual In-line Package) and the PS9687L2 is lead bending type (Gull-wing) for
• Long creepage distance (8 mm MIN.)
• High common mode transient immunity (CMH, CML = ±20 kV/µs TYP.)
• High isolation voltage (BV = 5 000 Vr.m.s.)
• High-speed response (10 Mbps)
• Pulse width distortion (tPHL − tPLH = 15 ns TYP.)
• Open collector output
• Ordering number of tape product: PS9687L2-E3, E4: 1 000 pcs/reel
• Safety standards
• UL approved: File No. E72422
• BSI approved: No. 8990/8991
• DIN EN60747-5-2 (VDE0884 Part2) approved: No.40008906 (Option)
• FA Network
• Measurement equipment
The information in this document is subject to change without notice. Before using this document, please confirm that
this is the latest version.
Not all devices/types available in every country. Please check with local NEC Compound Semiconductor Devices
representative for availability and additional information.
Document No. PN10573EJ01V0DS (1st edition)
Date Published July 2005 CP(K)
Printed in Japan
NEC Compound Semiconductor Devices, Ltd. 2005