SEMICONDUCTOR TECHNICAL DATA
Order this document
Medium Power Surface Mount Products
TMOS Single N-Channel with
Motorola Preferred Device
Monolithic Zener ESD Protected Gate
EZFETs™ are an advanced series of power MOSFETs which utilize
Motorola’s High Cell Density TMOS process and contain monolithic
back–to–back zener diodes. These zener diodes provide protection
against ESD and unexpected transients. These miniature surface mount
MOSFETs feature ultra low RDS(on) and true logic level performance. They
are capable of withstanding high energy in the avalanche and commuta-
tion modes and the drain–to–source diode has a very low reverse recovery
time. EZFET devices are designed for use in low voltage, high speed
switching applications where power efficiency is important. Typical
applications are dc–dc converters, and power management in portable
and battery powered products such as computers, printers, cellular and
cordless phones. They can also be used for low voltage motor controls in
mass storage products such as disk drives and tape drives.
• Zener Protected Gates Provide Electrostatic Discharge Protection
• Designed to Withstand 200 V Machine Model and 2000 V Human Body Model D
• Ultra Low RDS(on) Provides Higher Efficiency and Extends Battery Life
• Logic Level Gate Drive — Can Be Driven by Logic ICs
• Miniature SO–8 Surface Mount Package — Saves Board Space
• Diode Is Characterized for Use In Bridge Circuits
• Diode Exhibits High Speed, With Soft Recovery
• IDSS Specified at Elevated Temperature
• Mounting Information for SO–8 Package Provided
MAXIMUM RATINGS (TJ = 25°C unless otherwise noted)
RDS(on) = 13 mW
CASE 751–05, Style 12
Drain–to–Gate Voltage (RGS = 1.0 MΩ)
Gate–to–Source Voltage — Continuous
Drain Current — Continuous @ TA = 25°C (1)
Drain Current — Continuous @ TA = 70°C (1)
Drain Current — Pulsed Drain Current (3)
Total Power Dissipation @ TA = 25°C (1)
Linear Derating Factor @ TA = 25°C (1)
Total Power Dissipation @ TA = 25°C (2)
Linear Derating Factor @ TA = 25°C (2)
Operating and Storage Temperature Range
Single Pulse Drain–to–Source Avalanche Energy — Starting TJ = 25°C
W(VDD = 30 Vdc, VGS = 10 Vdc, IL = 10 Apk, L = 20 mH, RG = 25 )
– 55 to 150
(1) When mounted on 1” square FR4 or G–10 board (VGS = 10 V, @ 10 seconds).
(2) When mounted on minimum recommended FR4 or G–10 board (VGS = 10 V, @ Steady State).
(3) Repetitive rating; pulse width limited by maximum junction temperature.
12 mm embossed tape
This document contains information on a new product. Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
HDTMOS is a trademark of Motorola, Inc. TMOS is a registered trademark of Motorola, Inc.
Thermal Clad is a trademark of the Bergquist Company.
Preferred devices are Motorola recommended choices for future use and best overall value.
©MMoottoororolal,aInTc.M19O9S7 Power MOSFET Transistor Device Data