1N5518B thru 1N5546B-1
Low Voltage Avalanche
500 mW Zener Diodes DO-35
Qualified per MIL-PRF-19500/437
The 1N5518 thru 1N5546 series of 0.5 watt axial-leaded glass Zener Voltage Regulators
provides a selection from 3.3 to 33 volts with tolerances ranging from plus/minus 1% to 20%.
The standard tolerance is plus/minus 5% with the B suffix unless ordered otherwise. These
axial-leaded glass DO-35 Zeners are also available with an internal metallurgical bond option.
This type of bonded Zener package construction is also available in JAN, JANTX, and
JANTXV military qualifications. Microsemi also offers numerous other Zener products to meet
higher and lower power applications.
JAN, JANTX and
Important: For the latest information, visit our website http://www.microsemi.com.
• JEDEC registered 1N5518 thru 1N5546.
• Voltage tolerances of plus/minus 20%, 10%, 5%, 2%, and 1% available. See Note 1 on page 3.
• Internal metallurgical bond option available with “-1” suffix.
• JAN, JANTX, and JANTXV qualification per MIL-PRF-19500/437 available (requires metallurgical
bond option as well as plus/minus 5% voltage tolerance or tighter with B-1, C-1 or D-1 suffix).
• RoHS compliant versions available (commercial grade only).
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Regulates voltage over a broad operating current and temperature range.
• Guaranteed voltage regulation (∆VZ) from IZL to IZT.
• Voltage selection from 3.3 to 33 V.
• Flexible axial-lead mounting terminals.
• Nonsensitive to ESD per MIL-STD-750 Method 1020.
• Minimal capacitance (see Figure 3).
• Inherently radiation hard as described in Microsemi “MicroNote 050” which is available at
Also available in:
Junction and Storage Temperature
Steady-State Power (Note 1)
(Also see derating in Figure 2)
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Lead (Note 2)
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Ambient (Note 3)
Forward Voltage @ 200 mA
Solder Pad Temperature @ 10 s
TJ and TSTG
-65 to +175
1. At TL < 50 oC 3/8 inch (10 mm) from body or 0.48 W at TA < 25 ºC when mounted on FR4 PC board as
described for thermal resistance above.
2. At 3/8 (10 mm) lead length from body.
3. When mounted on FR4 PC board (1 oz Cu) with 4 mm2 copper pads and track width 1 mm, length 25 mm.
MSC – Lawrence
6 Lake Street,
Lawrence, MA 01841
Fax: (978) 689-0803
MSC – Ireland
Gort Road Business Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 65 6840044
Fax: +353 (0) 65 6822298
T4-LDS-0037-1, Rev 1 (111456)
©2011 Microsemi Corporation
Page 1 of 5