2.5V-3.3V Low-Skew 1:10 Differential PECL Fanout Buffer
• Ten differential 2.5V/3.3V LVPECL output pairs.
• Output Frequency: ≤ 700 MHz.
• Two selectable differential input pairs.
• Translates any standard single-ended or differential
input format to LVPECL output. It can accept the
following standard input formats and more:
o LVPECL, LVCMOS, LVDS, HCSL, SSTL,
• Output Skew: 25ps (typ.).
• Part-to-part skew: 140ps (typ.).
• Propagation delay: 1.5ns (typ.).
• Additive Jitter: <100 fs (typ.).
• Operating Supply Voltage: 2.375V ~ 3.63V.
• Operating temperature range from -40°C to 85°C.
• Package availability: 32-pin LQFP.
The PL138-18 family is a high performance low-cost
1: 10 outputs Differential LVPECL fanout buffer.
The family of Differential LVPECL buffers are designed to
operate from a single power supply of 2.5V±5% or 3.3V±10%.
The differential input pairs are designed to accept most
standard input signal levels, using an appropriate resistor bias
network, and produce a high quality set of outputs with the
lowest possible skew on the outputs, which is guaranteed for
part-to-part or lot-to lot skew.
Designed to fit in a small form-factor package, PL138
family offers up to 1GHz of output operation with very
low-power consumption, and lowest additive jitter of any
comparable device. The Output Enable feature, when
activated, allows the IC to consume less than 10µA of
32-Pin LQFP Package
Micrel Inc. • 2180 Fortune Drive • San Jose, CA 95131 • USA • tel +1(408) 944-0800 • fax +1(408) 474-1000 • www.micrel.com Rev 11/26/13 Page 1