10 to 500 MHz / High Signal Isolation / High Accuracy / Hi-Rel Flatpack
10 - 500
fo ± 5%
For complete Model Number replace *** with desired Center Frequency, fo in MHz.
Output Voltage as a Function of Relative Phase Angle
Phase Difference Range: 0 - 360°
LO Input Power (Ref.):
+10 ±1 dBm
RF Input Power (Unknown): +2 dBm max.
Rise Time/Fall Time:
100 ns typ.
Impedance (Unknown & Ref.): 50 Ω nom.
Video Output Characteristics
K Cos θ
K Sin θ
Peak Amplitude (RF=0 dBm):150 mV min.
(into 150 Ω)
DC-10% of RF
Impedance (X and Y):
150 Ω nom.
Signal Leakage (Isolation): 30 dB typ.
± 5 mV max.
Zero Crossing (In-Phase In):± 2° @ fo
Phase Error, Arc tan θ: ± 5° @ fo
0.32 oz (9 g)
-- 55 to +85°C
1. Tolerance on 3 place decimals ±.010(.25) except as noted.
2. Dimensions in inches over millimeters.
3. Dimensions marked with * apply only at body.
4. All unmarked pins are case ground.
1. Merrimac Phase Comparators provide two output
signals each of which is proportional to the phase
relation of the two inputs.
2. One output is proportional to the sine of the relative
phase angle between the RF and LO inputs while the
other output represents the cosine of the relative
phase angle between the inputs. Using the sine and
cosine outputs together resolves the inherent
π−period ambiguity across four quadrants for both
3. The phase comparator is an integrated assembly
consisting of a power divider, two balanced mixers
and a 90° quadrature hybrid. Two diplexers attenuate
the second harmonic (2 fo) at the outputs.
4. Custom designs are available that provide higher
precision and better accuracy. Inquiries concerning
your special applications are welcomed.
ForfurtherinformationcontactM ERRIM AC /41FairfieldPl.,W estCaldw ell,NJ,07006 /973-575-1300 /FAX 973-575-0531