1A, 21V, 2MHz, High-Efficiency,
Synchronous, Step-Down Converter
in Ultra-Thin QFN Package
The MP2388 is a high-frequency, synchronous,
rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter
with built-in, internal power MOSFETs. It offers
a very compact solution that achieves 1A of
continuous output current over a wide input
supply range with excellent load and line
regulation. Current mode operation provides
fast transient response and eases loop
Full protection features include over-current
protection (OCP) and thermal shutdown.
The MP2388 requires a minimum number of
readily available, standard, external
components and is available in a space-saving
QFN-8 (1.5mmx2.5mm) package.
• Wide 4.5V to 21V Operating Input Range
• 1A Load Current
• 110mΩ/50mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Power
• Low Quiescent Current
• High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode
• Fixed 2MHz Switching Frequency
• AAM Power Save Mode
• Internal Soft Start
• Over-Current Protection (OCP) and Hiccup
• Thermal Shutdown
• Output Adjustable from 0.8V
• Available in a QFN-8 (1.5mmx2.5mm)
• Notebook Systems and I/O Power
• Digital Set-Top Boxes
• Flat-Panel Televisions and Monitors
All MPS parts are lead-free, halogen-free, and adhere to the RoHS
directive. For MPS green status, please visit the MPS website under Quality
Assurance. “MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered
trademarks of Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
MP2388 Rev. 1.0
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2016 MPS. All Rights Reserved.