The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP2235S is a high-frequency,
synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode
converter with built-in power MOSFETs. It
offers a compact solution to achieve a 3 A
continuous output current with excellent load
and line regulation over a wide input supply
range. The MP2235S has synchronous mode
operation for higher efficiency over the output
current load range.
Current mode operation provides fast transient
response and eases loop stabilization.
Full protection features include over-current
protection (OCP) and thermal shutdown (TSD).
The MP2235S requires a minimal number of
readily available, standard, external
components and is available in a space-saving
8-pin TSOT23 package.
High-Efficiency, 3 A, 16 V, 800 kHz
Synchronous Step-Down Converter
• Wide 4.5 V to 16 V Operating Input Range
• 120 mΩ/50 mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Power
• High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode
• Fixed 800 kHz Switching Frequency
• Synchronizes from a 300 kHz to a 2 MHz
• Power-Save Mode at Light Load
• External Soft-Start
• Over-Current Protection and Hiccup
• Thermal Shutdown
• Output Adjustable from 0.804 V
• Available in a 8-pin TSOT-23 Package
• Notebook Systems and I/O Power
• Digital Set-Top Boxes
• Flat-Panel Televisions and Monitors
• Distributed Power Systems
All MPS parts are lead-free, halogen-free, and adhere to the RoHS
directive. For MPS green status, please visit the MPS website under Quality
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered
trademarks of Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
0.0 0.5 1.0 1.5 2.0 2.5 3.0
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2015 MPS. All Rights Reserved.