The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP2234S is a high-frequency,
synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode
converter with built-in power MOSFETs. It
offers a compact solution to achieve a 2A
continuous output current with excellent load
and line regulation over a wide input-supply
range. The MP2234S has synchronous mode
operation for higher efficiency over the output
current load range.
Current-mode operation provides fast transient
response and eases loop stabilization.
Full protection features include over-current
protection (OCP) and thermal shut down (TSD).
The MP2234S requires a minimal number of
readily-available standard external components,
and is available in a space-saving 8-pin
High-Efficiency, 2A, 16V, 800kHz
Synchronous, Step-Down Converter
• Wide 4.5V-to-16V Operating Input Range
• 140mΩ/60mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Power
• High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode
• Fixed 800kHz Switching Frequency
• Synchronizes from a 300kHz-to-2MHz
• Power-Save Mode at Light Load
• External Soft-Start
• Over Current Protection and Hiccup
• Thermal Shutdown
• Output Adjustable from 0.804V
• Available in a 8-pin TSOT-23 Package
• Notebook Systems and I/O Power
• Digital Set-Top Boxes
• Flat-Panel Television and Monitors
• Distributed Power Systems
All MPS parts are lead-free, halogen free, and adhere to the
RoHS directive. For MPS green status, please visit MPS website
under Quality Assurance. “MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC
Technology” are Registered Trademarks of Monolithic Power
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2015 MPS. All Rights Reserved.